Contact Info

readysetreviews@gmail.com

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Top 5 Games of 2010


Yes, i know that this is late. It is almost the end of April in 2011 and yet I am making a 2010 list. Well this list has been pushed back a few times in order to try and play some of the games I missed. Now i feel confident plus i know that i will probably not be playing to many games of 2010 knowing what is coming out in 2011. So here is my official list of favorite games from 2010:


5) Halo Reach



Halo Reach was the first Halo game I have ever completed. There I said it. While I found the campaign's of the first 3 Halo games to be entertaining, I could never finish them for one reason or another. Halo Reach is the exception. Bungie's last entry into the Halo franchise gave fans something to be proud about. With an awesome story, some great single player levels and a well polished multiplayer Halo Reach is a great game that deserves to be on my list.


4) Alan Wake

If you are one of the many that picked up Red Dead Redemption over Alan Wake you are not alone. Alan Wake released the same day as the triple A title and had some low numbers because of it. I picked this up later on in 2010 and played through it and found it to be worth the five years of development time. The gameplay felt different and fresh and the story was fantastic. This is a game that should be on everyone's must play list.

3) Fallout New Vegas



Fallout 3 was a game that did not grab my attention. While I could see that it was a very well done game the story just didn't grab me. Fallout New Vegas on the other hand was able to pull me in. The world is dark and drab due to the game being set in a post apocalyptic world, yet the Vegas strip is still as bright and lively as ever. You can go through the main story if you'd like, or try your luck at the blackjack tables. New Vegas has plenty to keep you entertained.

2) Red Dead Redemption

Rockstar finally delivered what I have been hoping for, a very entertaining western. Red Dead Redemption gives gamers the ability to live out their dreams in the wild west as you hunt down your old posse to take them down. The multiplayer is a great addition and the ability to roam the wild west with friends in the free roam option is a great plus. But the real attraction of this game is the ending which in my opinion is one of the greatest video game endings of all time.

1) Mafia 2

Mafia 2 was a game that I was looking forward to for a while. After I first started playing it I could not put it down. Despite a few problems the game is an amazing interpretation of the Mafia in the 40's and 50's and the story keeps you gripped until it ends with a perfect ending that keeps you wanting more. Mafia 2 is a title that should not be missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment