Contact Info

readysetreviews@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Quick Review: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY (360)


Since this game was released almost two years ago and since I only just finished the campaign a few hours ago, this review is going to be brief and short.


This was a game that despite being a huge Batman fan, was not on my radar. Even though the demo was fun and the game looked great, I still had low hopes for a Batman game actually being good. Then with all of the positive feedback this was getting I decided that I needed to play it, once the price dropped a bit. Here I am almost two years later and I have just bought and finished the game. So how was it? Incredible.

Batman Arkham Asylum has a great, well written and acted single player. The gameplay is fun and fresh and makes you feel as if you really are the caped crusader. Fighting feels fluent and being able to fly around on gargoyles silently picking off armed enemies is a blast. The voice acting is fantastic, Arleen Sorkin (Harley Quinn), Mark Hamil (The Joker), and Kevin Conroy (Batman) who are all actors from the 1992 Batman tv series.

You have a ton of the Batman villains throughout the game who I shall not list due to wanting to keep it a surprise. During the game though, you have the choice of whether to search around your surroundings or not to try and find riddler challenges, which the riddler has hidden all over Arkham Asylum. Some of which are only accessible through second playthroughs due to not having unlocked certain weapons.

The game comes with the option to play in anaglyphic 3D. The 3D effect looks good, even though it was added in later, after the game was released. The 3D adds more depth, but gave me a headache after five or ten minutes. Also the colors of the game seem to be slightly off which gives a different feel to the game.

Overall this game is fantastic, and while this review was short and brief I hope you got the sense that this game is a must play. I can't believe that I waited this long to play it but I am glad that I finally got the chance. If you are on the fence of whether to buy this game or not, due so! Especially since Gamestop has the PS3 and Xbox 360 version for only $19.99! Go buy it, it will be well worth your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment