Contact Info

readysetreviews@gmail.com

Monday, October 25, 2010

Fallout New Vegas: The First 15 Hours




Fallout: New Vegas was a game that I was looking forward to, but I felt it was not going to get near as much time as what I spent on Elder Scrolls IV. Honestly, the only reason I decided to pick up Fallout New Vegas was because K-Mart had a insane deal which allowed me to get the game on launch for only $21.59. I figured, it's twice the price of a rental, I might as well make the purchase. Boy am I glad I did.

Fallout New Vegas is a lot like Elder Scrolls Oblivion in the way that it plays out. The missions all flow together which causes you to loose track of time. Sometimes you sit down wanting to only play a half hour, but two hours later you find yourself not wanting to quit.

When playing this game expect a lot of decision making. Also expect to make some big decisions once you get to New Vegas. The amount of decisions you have to make during the game really make you feel like what you are doing is really shaping and changing New Vegas and the wasteland around it.

The gameplay feels identical to Fallout 3, although the world feels more open and not as closed off as Fallout 3 felt. One of my frustrations with Fallout 3 was the fact that you needed to take a detour through various subway stations to get anywhere. This is completely gone in New Vegas and I am so glad as this was one of my biggest problems with Fallout 3.

Well, that's my thoughts so far on the new entry in the Fallout series. Now it is time for me to start betting my caps on the New Vegas strip.



Jon Haeffele

jj75 XP

No comments:

Post a Comment