Contact Info

readysetreviews@gmail.com

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Crackdown 2 Demo-First Impressions





The original Crackdown was a game I purchased just because of the Halo 3 beta. I played the demo for Crackdown and thought it was ok, but nothing that I could see myself getting deeply into. Then my order from bestbuy.com came. And there my hours went away. The original Crackdown was a great game. It took the sandbox idea from Grand Theft Auto and injected it full of steroids delivering one great sandbox game. Then, at E3 2009, the sequal to this great game was announced. And then I sat waiting.


Currently, a demo is on the Xbox 360 marketplace. I downloaded it in a heartbeat and what I recieved was execatly what I want. Crackdown 2 is a game with two different sides. These sides are reflected by what time it is in the game. During the day, the game you are playing is a better version of the original Crackdown. You drive, or climb, through the town defeating Cell. Then, when the sun sets, you are faced with a new game. That's when "the freaks" come out and roam the city, looking for new people to join them. The freaks resemble a zombie. They are slow, take a lot of damage easily, but their are a ton of them. This gives you the feeling of almost a survival horror/zombie game. While this isn't necessaraly scary, it gives you the feeling of being near hopeless, when faced with a large number of freaks. Especially when you are a low level.



All in all, the demo to Crackdown 2 has given me exactly what I wanted, and a little bit more. I recieved the original, a game I loved and really enjoyed, and I also recieved a new game. The split personality of Crackdown 2 helps it feel less like an expansion pack and more like a seperate game. The demo to Crackdown 2 exceeded my expecations, and it is a game that I will most likely pick up when it is released. Now go and download the demo!
-jj75 XP

Watch me play the demo below.


Watch live video from The Iron Gamers on Justin.tv

No comments:

Post a Comment